- New customer acquisition campaigns
- Expansion campaigns
- Brand storytelling, content and advocacy expertise
- Co-marketing program development
- Communications & PR
- Published Business Technology Writer
- Experienced marketing team leader
- Marketing systems tech stack deployment
Mark M.J. Scott – Principal / Owner Northern Pixels Marketing
A rare left brain / right brain marketer: I’m quantitative, detail oriented and analytical, yet a creative, visual thinker that captures people’s imaginations.
- New customer acquisition – Expert at developing and executing targeted Enterprise ARR pipeline strategies that deliver 10X+ program spend, 10X+ LTV closed ramped new business ARR. Performance audited by leading Silicon Valley ARR firm.
- Expansion pipeline ABM expert – Demonstrated success deploying programs that touch/influence 100% customer expansions, improving deal velocity, size and close ratios.
- Brand storytelling, content and advocacy expert – Developed and executed powerful brand storytelling and advocacy programs to enable Global 100 enterprise customers to share positive business outcomes with the world (videos, written case studies, Webinars, customer impact reports & ROI reports) that quantifiably improved funnel ratios.
- Co-marketing program development with partners and channels. Track record of developing, pitching and securing millions of dollars in funding for co-marketing programs with global brands to meet growth objectives. (Apple, Salesforce, Microsoft, Samsung, AT&T, Panasonic …).
- Media & PR – Successful track record obtaining powerful, business impacting editorial coverage from tier-one media: New York Times, Discovery Channel, Forbes, Chicago Tribune, LA Times as well as leading vertical business publications.
- Published Business Technology Writer – SaaS & Mobile Apps contributing writer with 10+ stories published in Forbes Magazine/Forbes.com.
- Experienced marketing team leader – Track record of building, motivating, and mentoring full marketing teams (digital, events, copy/content, creative/design, ABM, operations…) to meet growth objectives.
- Marketing systems tech stack deployment to measure and hone marketing spend vs. ROI and to constantly improve conversion ratios. Experience with full stack; digital paid/SEO, nurturing, ABM, and performance analytics platforms.
2011 – 2023 – VP Marketing, ProntoForms Corp. – B2B SaaS focused on enterprise customers
A SaaS platform that empowers organizations with field teams that perform complex work to rapidly deploy custom mobile apps that intuitively guide field engineers to the most effective path to service completion.
- Built the marketing function, delivering a brand and growth engine that propelled the company to from $1M to $20M+ USD of ARR.
- Marketing campaigns delivered global brand customers in the target industries: PG&E, Shell, Philips Healthcare, Johnson Controls, DHL, Boston Scientific, Chevron, Veolia, Kiewit, DHL. ABM campaigns accelerated growth of Enterprise accounts.
2004 – 2010 – Senior Marketing Advisor, Optosecurity Inc.
Optosecurity develops and commercializes security products for the transportation and critical infrastructure markets. Acquired by Vanderlande (Division of Toyota Corp.)
- First person hired to support the CEO & partner to develop the original business plan for funding. The company quickly met first round funding goals. John Manley, former Deputy Prime Minister of Canada became Chairman of the Board.
- Notable achievements – Key awareness initiatives that I developed and executed played strategic role in second and third round venture funding to support R&D and GTM. Resulting global media exposure was valued in the millions of dollars.
- New York Times article featuring Optosecurity.
- Feature story in Janes Security Review (world’s most respected security publication).
- Company was featured in Discovery Channel’s number one TV show Future Weapons.
2000 – 2002 – Product Marketing Manager Linux Open Source & Mac OS Zero-Knowledge Systems / Radialpoint (Acquired by AppDirect) – was a Canadian privacy technology software and services company, best known for the Freedom Network, its privacy network.
Originally recruited as the Marketing Communications manager, I rapidly hired and onboarded a full marketing team (content, events, creative, design, demand generation….) to handle GTM activities. I quickly evolved into the role of Product Marketing Manager for Linux and Mac products. My role was focused on market research and establishing eco-system partnerships.
1995- 2000 – Marketing consultant for technology companies
I kicked off my career in marketing by establishing a reputation of being able distill and communicate the positive business impacts of complex technology. I developed and managed marketing strategies and projects for software and technology organizations: Rolls Royce (Aerospace and Industrial Marine divisions), the Canadian Space Agency (Microgravity Sciences and RADARSAT-1).